Monday, February 28, 2011

And so it begins...

So Ive started this blog and Im going to catch everyone up with how it is going thus far. Not planning a pregnancy, not expecting a pregnancy, not having a thought in your brain about producing a child leads to lots of procrastination in the baby department...

So Ill tell you how it all began...

No I wont, thats between me and Michael. I will tell you that I found out shortly after new years, about the time you come up with new years resolutions. As of today I have had my 16 week appt. Ive had one other appt before this, my potatoe is growing and a perfectly productive pace. 

"Potatoe" = I will explain:

Ive been addicted to 2 websites:

www.parents.com
http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/

Both websites refer weekly to growth in the terms of food. My favorite week was 'Your baby is the size of a lemon.' All I could think of how amazing a lemon tastes/smells.

The next week 'Your baby is the size of a kitkat bar finger.' Really? REALLY?? Kitkat bars have always been amongst the grossest, and in pregnancy my body finds anything sweet highly repulsive, but old habits die hard. Ive always loved my sweets so I still accept (graciously) candy bars, and sweets but choose not to eat them so I put them in my purse. I now have an amazing collection of sweets in my purse that I occasionally feed to michael when my wallet no longer fits in there.

And guess what the baby is around 16 weeks? A potatoe. 

Well, Ill keep you updated when the urge occurs. Which will probably be around appointments. Or milestones.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k4onJ7Z2MLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment